The Zagreb Guitar Festival event attracts fans of good music, classical and jazz guitarists, students, pupils and guitar teachers. A reputation of Zagreb guitar school is best evidenced by great artists and teachers originating from Zagreb music schools and the Academy of Music. Today, these artists represent Croatia in the world, and the knowledge gained in Croatia transfers to students at numerous international academies.
The Zagreb Guitar Festival is a chance for Croatia to create a meeting place for fans of guitar music of all ages from around the world, through an international competition and promotion of Croatian music. The Zagreb Guitar Festival also offers an opportunity for the young Croatian artists to learn from the best musicians in their own environment.
Zagreb Guitar Festival was conceived through the development of two ideas:
Striving for excellence - promoting excellence at several levels;
- ZGF ALL STARS CONCERT (concerts of world's best guitarists)
- ZGF YOUNG STARS CONCERT (concerts of top guitarists of the younger generation who have already achieved some significant results)
- INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION OF CLASSICAL GUITAR
- MASTERCLASSES which provide an opportunity for young emerging artists to learn from the world's leading masters of the guitar and allow professional training at the highest level
- EUROSTRINGS - Zagreb Guitar Festival is a leading platform member of EuroStrings - European Guitar Festival Collaborative; a first European platform gathering 14 classical guitar festivals, which will focus on highlighting the emerging guitar players and enable further education in classical guitar field.
- Through Young Stars exchange programme, EuroStrings will strongly support the circulation of emerging talents among Platform's Guitar Festivals offering the winners of those Festival’s international competitions an opportunity to reach international audiences and to give them possibilities to work transnationally and access new markets.
Another idea called Guitar for All is carried out through the work of the festival orchestras, guitar exhibitions open to all visitors during the festival and the designed strategy that includes retention of existing, and work on further expansion of audience, a multicultural integration and the development of cultural marketing. The ultimate goal is the promotion of fine music, a certificate of cultural experience and additional promotion of Zagreb as one of the leading cultural centers in Europe.
Within the rich content offered, participants themselves can create their own day at the festival (international guitar competition, actively or passively participating in masterclasses, listening to lectures, visiting guitar exhibitions). During the Zagreb Guitar Festival ZGF Guitar Orchestra and Jazz Orchestra are held - all festival participants are invited. Evenings are reserved for concerts; ZGF Young Stars and ZGF All Stars concerts, after which we conclude the day with a relaxing evening of socializing with jazz music.
The Student Centre enables participants a hot meal (lunch and dinner) at reasonable prices.
The previous three editions of the festival were accompanied by great media attention and visited by participants from 28 countries. The fourth edition of the Zagreb Guitar Festival will be held from 3rd April to 8th April 2018, with the daily program located at the Student Center in Zagreb, and evening concerts in the concert halls throughout the City of Zagreb.
We would be pleased to welcome you at the 4th Zagreb Guitar Festival!